23 March 2015

One step forward

First lines
They can see, even if the world is rather skew.
I have made some progress. It is fun, but I do not feel that I really can handle the art of doing face ups and re-paints. My carpal tunnel syndrome makes it a little bit hard because after a while I loose the feeling in the hand and the hand start to shake. You can not see it but I can feel it, those small tiny movements that make it hard to keep the pencils steady. 

But shame on me if I give up. Practice makes a master. I have a long way to go and I am going to practice and some day I may even take on a ball jointed doll and do her face up from the start. Eyelashes and everything. 

I learn a lot by testing re-painting dolls. How the color, the pencils, the spray and so on works. Step by step I know what to avoid and what is right. And during that time it is all about having fun.

2 comments:

  1. It can be difficult, but rewarding if you get where you want to be with it. I know I wanted to give up. I learned fairly quickly though, and I had a lot of encouragement and inspiration. I know if can be painful too, I have arthritis, and it stinks. :P Good luck! Hope you stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. :) It is true, very rewarding when you succeed and are pleased with the work you have done. I read a lot about re-painting, face-ups and there is lot of good things on the internet that can be almost like a "teacher". Sometimes I just want to give up, mostly for the pain. So far I have only take a longer break. Rome was not build on one day. :) And arthritis, gosh, not fun at all. My grandmother (mother's mother) had it too, very painful. Have a great weekend! Hope you enjoy your trip!

      Delete

Make me happy, send me a comment! Thank you!